31 July 2008

Shock!

What a nightmare day yesterday!

Sam was at the childminder, so I took Ben to Walmart to do the shopping. He asked if we could have nachos for lunch and since Sam can't eat the salsa (due to his tomato allergy) I readily agreed. Walmart didn't have everything we needed shopping-wise, so we had to go to Sainsburys too, and by the time we got home for lunch it was getting on a bit.

I chucked half a bag of tortillas on a plate, poured over half a jar of salsa, grated some cheese, repeated all that & shoved it under the grill. A few minutes later Ben & I were enjoying our lunch & he was really happy.

That was until I took another bite. I cruched down on something hard and thought "ooh, that's a bit odd" so went over to the sink to spit it out (didn't want Ben to see me spitting food out onto my plate!) Well good job I did, because I didn't just spit the food out, but a mouthful of blood too!!

This is what I found in my mouthful of lunch - no not the 10p piece, the piece of glass! Talk about going into shock. If you have never cut your tongue, then you wont know how much it bleeds, and how scary it is! I was in a total state, made much worse by the thought that it could have been Ben and not me & what would have happened if he had not bitten it, but tried to swallow it? And I couldn't get it to stop bleeding, so I'm trying to ring Anthony and tell him what has happened, with a hanky stuffed in my mouth, and he can't understand a word I am saying and by this time I am crying too, which isn't helping.

Anyway, by the time he got home, it had finally stopped bleeding (about 15 minutes later) and although there were lots of damaged taste buds, it didn't look like it needed stitching, so we didn't bother to go up to A & E. Took me most of the rest of the afternoon to calm down though!

Took the offending article back to Walmart this morning, having spoken to the duty manager yesterday, and the best they could come up with in the way of compensation was a double refund of the value of the products (tortillas & salsa). "We can't do anything else until we have sent it off to Asda House and they will deal with it". Pathetic or what? Let me tell you if I haven't had some sort of a response within 2 weeks there will be hell to pay!

No comments: