25 July 2008

10 Years - Can you believe it?

Yes, amazingly 4th July was our 10th wedding anniversary. Given the struggles we have been through, I thought it would be nice if we did something special, so I arranged for us to renew our vows & have a lunch party to celebrate.

The ceremony was held in Savernake forest (we had one of our first dates here) and fortunately for us, given the weather the rest of the month, we had a lovely day. This is where the ceremony took place.


We were very fortunate to be surrounded by many of our friends and family and thankful to Mike, Emma and David for making the ceremony so special. Here are some of the photos of it - I hope you like them.





After the ceremony we all went back to Chiseldon House for Pimms on the terrace, where I discovered I had lost my enagement and eternity rings!! Having taken my rings off when we had our wedding rings blessed (and put them in my jacket pocket), they managed to fall out when we squatted down for the photo above, not that I knew that at the time. Well it wouldn't be me without some sort of drama would it?? :o)

So after discovering they were missing and frantically hunting in the car, my parents, Anthony's parents and my sister rushed back to the forest on a ring hunt. Thankfully my mother-in-law managed to find them, so the day wasn't ruined after all!

They managed to get back just in time for a delicious lunch to be served and we spent a very enjoyable few hours eating and chatting.

Sadly most people had to leave to pick up children around 2.30pm, so the party couldn't go on as long as we would have liked, but it was a wonderful day and has given us some very special memories.

Happy anniversary darling!!

No comments: