3 March 2008

Mothering Sunday

Well, actually for me it turned into Mothering Weekend!

I spent Saturday at a Scrapaholics roadshow, and for once I actually got stuff finished! I did this LO of Sam from a Pencil Lines sketch, made 2 cards and did a class, which I haven't finished but that is due to starting it with one lot of photos and then deciding that I had some others that went with the papers better, so I will actually get 2 double LO's from it when I finish them. Just need to get some cardstock from PaperArts when I go past tomorrow on my way to a Quiet Day.

After a quick visit to my friend Kate who had baby Layla on Thursday, I came home to find that Anthony had cooked dinner for the kids (and done enough for me), 3 loads of washing, dusted and hoovered the lounge and kitchen, taken the kids to the library and into town shopping and spent the afternoon doing painting with them (and making me Mothering Sunday cards in the process). Thank you darling for doing all that for me - you know how much I appreciate it!

Sunday morning, I woke up to breakfast in bed with crocuses on my tray that Anthony had picked from the garden, tea in my new china mug that Ben had chosen from the Mothers Day gifts on sale at school, and presents from both the boys - a gorgeous bronze scarf from Sam and 3 bars of my favourite chocolates from Ben.

After church where the boys & I took part in a Mothering Sunday drama (both spoke their lines beautifully - another proud Mummy moment) and I got 2 gorgeous bunches of flowers, we had lunch at Blunsdon House hotel with Anthony's parents, aunt and gran. So I didn't have to cook or wash up either. I felt very spoilt all weekend!

My flowers were so pretty, I decided to make something with them, so here is my dinner table arrangement. We'll try not to set it on fire like we did with the Old Man's Beard arrangement that we had last week! The candle had burnt down so far it caught fire on Friday night while I was making pudding!

I hope that you all had a lovely Mothering Sunday whatever you were doing.

No comments: