4 June 2008

Oops!

What a bad blogger I am, not a single post in May! In my defense, I have to say that it was a very stressful month for us with school appeals (it was turned down) and then trying to make plans for having the boys in different schools come September.

So here is a quick rundown of the month:

School appeal for Sam turned down (and we have since had to make the decision whether to move Ben or not as a space came up at Sam's school - we decided not to, but it was a heartbreaking decision!)


Bank holiday Monday spent at Swindon & Cricklade railway in the company of friends. The kids loved riding on the train. So much so that we went up and back a couple of times!




Best of all it was free to get into the Beer festival with a train ticket. Well it had to be done, especially as it was real ale at silly prices for half a pint! Thanks for asking us to come David!!





Celia's scrapbooking day - I actually managed to finish 4 LOs at one crop. Can you believe it? Sadly I cant post any pics of them, because I didn't take any, and I cant be bothered to scan them now.

Several Kentwood concerts at Calne and Haydon Wick.

Almost £1000 spent on repairs to my new car -aaarrrgggghhh!

Mum, Dad and I did a mad booze run to France (in my spare car, the day before someone was coming to buy it, and yes I did tell him I was going to add to the mileage by driving it to Calais!) We got 41 cases of wine in the car and 3 crates of beer as well as several other loose bottles of various things. Here is where we had lunch - its a truckers stop, but the food was fabulous.

I took five Year 1 kids around @Bristol on a school trip. I was so knackered by the time we got back to Swindon, and sooooo fed up of counting to 5!!!


We were very honoured to be asked by David & Lizzie to be Godparents to baby Isaac. Well I say Godparents, but its really only honorary since he wasn't christened, only dedicated. Never mind, as far as we are concerned he's our Godson and here we are on his special day.


As a gift I made the cake, but due to choir being early that Sunday, I didn't get to see it being cut. Luckily for me, by the time choir had finished, the rest of the family had returned to David & Lizzie's for tea, so I got a piece in the end!


And to finish the month, we spent half term week on a narrowboat. And no prizes for guessing that we got wet! In fact it was so bad that we spent Bank holiday Monday afternoon moored to the bank wondering which boat was going to crash into the lock next! But it was such a relaxing holiday - I totally forgot about the outside world, and all that mattered was where we were going to moor that evening. The kids loved it too. Anthony didn't!


Here are some of the many pics I took over the week:




There I think that's me pretty much up to date. I'll try and be a better blogger this month!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The owner of this blog has a strong personality because it reflects to the blog that he/she made.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that photo taken looking down the tunnel. Gorgeous colours reflected on the walls.

Also love the photo of Ben, he looks like he's in a world of his own :D

Corinna Mazzotta said...

I think that was because he was concentrating so hard on steering the boat! :o)

gvl said...

June was a much better blog month! 1 post instead of none!! Come on Corinna - get a grip!! How can I pass my time at work without blogs to read? GVL