18 April 2008

When did he grow up so fast?

This morning Benjamin came into our room and said "Mummy and Daddy you don't have to worry, I have emptied the dishwasher."

That's the second time this week, and when he did it on Wednesday (because Anthony was away in France and it's normally his job), not only did he empty it, but he laid the table for breakfast and put away everything he could reach!

Then as if that wasn't enough, he then said "Mummy, I think you deserve breakfast in bed", which made me laugh as Anthony was still dozing next to me and I was just thinking "I wish I didn't have to get up"!

But Ben didn't need him, he just went back downstairs and returned with a bowl, a beaker, carton of orange juice and milk (both the open carton and the new one in case the other one had gone off) on a tray and Samuel brought the cereal. They hadn't poured any of it out because "then it would spill" so they just brought "everything you need for breakfast in bed, apart from a cup of tea"

They are 5 and 3 for goodness sake - I felt very special I can tell you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just cry now???? My boys would more likely have a food fight than do something like that! You have lovely boys.

Corinna Mazzotta said...

Thanks Kate.

Believe me they arent always like that!! But its lovely when they are! :)