31 March 2008

Happy Birthday Mum! / Tea for two

Today is Mum's 60th birthday, and as it was a big one I decided to do something special to celebrate, so I organised for us to have tea at the Ritz!

I had to book it over a year ago as they book a long time in advance and it is always full, so it was amazing that I managed to keep it a secret!

I have to say a big "thanks" to Dad, both for keeping her in the country and for chauffering us to London and also a huge thanks to Anthony for cooking lunch & looking after the kids.


As I live in trousers most of the time I had no idea what on earth I was going to wear for such a special occasion, so thanks also need to go to Shan Williams (a Colour Me Beautiful consultant and friend of mine) for her suggestion of my 40's inspired outfit.

I bagged myself a handbag on e-bay and had my hair done by Cornelius in a 40's style. Do you like it? Opinion so far has been very divided!

After lunch and a glass of champagne, we headed off to London, and as we were driving down Park Lane, Mum finally started guessing where we might be going. She thought we might have been having a make-over day, or maybe going to see a radio show being recorded, and as we drove past the front of the Ritz, she jokingly said " Oh are we having tea at the Ritz then?" Her face when I turned around and said we were was a picture!

So here are the pics of our teatime treat (and if anyone can tell me how to get 2 next to each other so the column isn't so long I would be grateful!)

So glad you enjoyed your special day Mum!








1 comment:

Karbee said...

How fabulous! I wanted to go there for my 40th but as you said the booking list is far in advance. With my birthday 3 days before Christmas really wanted to see the Ritz Christmas tree. However I was still very happy and treated well at Thornbury Castle so will book The Ritz one day when there is another special event. You looked lovely but very different to how I have you in my mind's eye when I think of you usually.